Large Commercial Recording Studio in North-East England
Thropton, Northumberland, NE65 7LR
Run by internationally renowned producer/engineer Ian Stephenson
Thropton Studio Features:
- Huge 180 sqm live room complete with Yamaha C3 Grand Piano
- High quality microphone collection, backline, instruments, etc.
- Floating Floors and Acoustically treated live room and isolation booth
- Beautiful surroundings – Studio was formerly a church and has wonderful acoustics
- Isolated Control room featuring 32 channel vintage CADAC J-type Recording Console
- Common Room with kitchen, sofas, free wifi and a view into the live room (can be used as additional isolation booth)
- Underfloor Heating for comfort
- Nearby Accomodation in Thropton or Rothbury including bunk barns and budget rooms
- Two pubs within Thropton
The equipment has been handpicked for its sound quality and technical specifications and is well maintained and can cater for a wide range of client needs.
Several high profile recordings were recorded here, most recently Kathryn Tickell, Alistair Anderson & Luke Daniels, and guitar parts for the 2016 Hollywood movie “The Magnificent Seven” soundtrack.